The 1.3 km Ice Skating trail winds through the thick Muskoka forest and is a winter experience like no other. If you get to skate the loop after a fluffy snowfall, consider yourself in luck. Being surrounded on all sides by snow-covered evergreen trees is an absolutely stunning sight, and one that you won't soon forget. Bring your family and watch your kids whip around the track with the perfect backdrop, or surprise your loved one with a romantic 'hand-holding' skate through the forest.
Weather permitting throughout the winter, the Arrowhead Provincial Park hosts Fire & Ice nights at the Ice Skating Trail on select Saturday nights in January and February. As if a skating trail through the forest wasn't awesome enough, this is an experience you have to try first hand! Once the sun goes down and the stars come out, the Ice Skating Trail is illuminated by hundreds of tiki torches lighting your way as you carve through Muskoka's beautiful evergreens
- Future Dates:
- Sunday February 19, 2017
- Saturday March 4, 2017
- Thursday March 9, 2017- expected to be less busy
- On Fire & Ice Nights, the Ice Skating Trail will be open from 11am - 3pm, and from 6pm - 9pm.
- Skate rentals available at the park for $10
- Helmets are recommended on the trail, but not mandatory
- Admission is $17 per vehicle